2011년 9월 5일 월요일

Me, as a writer


Me, as a writer.
 
I'm "Great Mina Jo". "Great" is my self-modifier.
I chose my self-modifier as Great, because I really want to be a great person. So I always remind the word 'great' in my mind and try to do my best in everything. However, of course, i'm not great in many things yet and there are still lots of things that are very hard for me to achieve as I expected. By the way, English writing is one of those.
Since I have never been to abroad, i'm not good at English, and English writings. However, although i'm not good at it, i'm very impassioned English writer. I like writing. And I think this is my strength as a writer, that I have enthusiasm in writing and enjoy it. Also it seems I have a lot potentials to develop my writing techniques. But actually I don't have my own writing style though since i'm busy enough to check my grammars, vocabularies firstly whether it was correct or not, when i'm writing.
In practice, I write English diaries everyday, and this is one of my hobby. This is a kind of my daily precess. When i'm writing it, I just can relax, and arrange my mind. But the problem is that, when I reread my diary again, I feel very disappointed that I have poor writing techniques. I can know that it is very messy and there are lots of misused expressions such as grammars and articles. Also words that i'm using are so easy and simple. They don't express my mind delicately. But I want to be a writer who can give people an inspiration from my writings and I want them to be impressed a lot from it. And this is one of my ultimate goal as a writer.
So I really want to be a good writer someday to achieve my goal as a writer, and i'm sure that this English class will help me a lot in achieving my goal. Also i'm very excited to have my own writing blog, but i'm also worried about posting my writings. Because, I'm little bit ashamed of my present writing skills. Many people will visit my blog, and they will read my writings. This is quite uncomfortable work for me. however, I will develop my writing and English, so that I can write an excellent writings which can impress other people.
Lastly, I want this English class to be very helpful in developing not only my English writing but also speaking. And I want to write many essays in this class although i'm worried about grading but I will do my best anyway. Most of all, I hope this class to be fun.

댓글 1개:

  1. Hi Mina,

    First off, I really like your intro. It's "great," and your style is fun and fresh. I think you have a lot of potential to expand on this while focusing on some basic things to fix.

    One immediate suggestion I have is changing your font. It's cute, but kind of hard to read. There are some pretty obvious little errors hidden in there, and if you find a neater font they will be easier to see when you reread. Small things like punctuation and capitalization - stuff you can definitely fix with careful attention.

    In terms of sentence structure, I think you need to start challenging yourself to write more complex sentences. You need to start making longer sentences that don't repeat words or clauses. For example:

    "Since I have never been to abroad, i'm not good at English, and English writings. However, although i'm not good at it, i'm very impassioned English writer. I like writing. And I think this is my strength as a writer, that I have enthusiasm in writing and enjoy it."

    You use the word "writing" several times, repeating the same ideas. As well, too many small errors. Combine your ideas to look more like this:

    Since I've never been abroad, I'm not good at English or writing, but I still enjoy it with passion and enthusiasm; and I think this is my strength as a writer.

    Combine, shorten, and lengthen - iron out your sentences to become concise statements. One plus one should equal two. You have two plus two equaling two in some places.

    Your essay is pretty good, and it's an interesting topic since I'm a foreigner in Korea. Good start to your blog!

    답글삭제