2011년 10월 29일 토요일

[Reflective Essay- about the movie,"Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring"]

< A Fly = A Bird ??? >

           Almost everybody might have experienced killing flies, ants or mosquitoes. Of course I do. The first thing that I'm planning to do when summer comes, is to buy a fly swatter as a preperation. Also, I never care about the ants while walking on the road. This is because I thought them which is fly and ant, as a trivial thing since it is small. However, one day, I got to realize something that is very important.
           It was during the summer vacation of my middle school third year. I was watching the TV program which is my favorite, and "a fly" started to annoy me. It continuously flied around me with its bad sound. I was very upset that I cannot pay attention to the TV program that I really wanted to watch. So I rightly decided to catch it and started to find the fly swatter. Finally, the fly sitted on the sofa, so I raised my hand holding the swatter with my full power. I stared at it for a long time to concentrate on it. Now! I quickly hit it. After I checked it died completely, I felt big satisfaction about what I had done. However, suddenly, “an idea” flashed my brain. "How can I kill it without feeling any guilty? and even i'm feeling satisfaction." In that short time, I became very serious and this is what i got for the result.
           Everything, yes, everything has its precious live whether it is big or not. Everything should be treated equally as a living thing. However, how can I kill the fly without any hesitation, and I even don’t feel guilty about it. It was obvious mistake. what is the difference between a fly and a bird as a living thing? There is no difference. To say again, we need to treat everything equally as a living thing whether it is big or not but I think we have been ignored this important fact. By the way a movie “Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring” by director Kim ki duck, gave us a lesson about this as well. 
           There is a young monk and a teacher monk. One day, a young monk tortures little things such as small fish, frog, and snake by binding them with the thread and the teacher was looking at him from beggining to end. Finally, the teacher monk decided to make young boy to realize that he did wrong so teacher did same to the young monk, binded him with the heavy rock. Therefore, the young boy could realize that he did wrong with the little things, and he began to find the things that he tortured. However, most of them were died already. When he saw that scene, he cried and apologized to them with all his heart. 
           After watch this film, not only the little monk but also I reminded that I have lived wrong so that i need to be careful from now on about respecting little things such as flies and mosquitoes. Furthermore, I hope, other people would realize this things by watching this movie like me. Then, i'm sure that our society will become much warmer than now just like a little monk's heart. 


<Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring- Directed by Kim Ki-duck.>


댓글 2개:

  1. so much from such a short film!
    I started to care about ants after reading the book "Ants" by Bernard Werber.
    Have you read this book?

    답글삭제
  2. Unfortunately, I haven't read that book before but I will try ^^
    Thank you for your comments & recommendation!!

    답글삭제