2011년 10월 31일 월요일

[Reading Journal #1 -The Body: After reading 30 pages]

-Stand by Me♥-    
    
       When I heard this title for the first time, it came to me as a little bit strange and horrifying thing, since the word "Body" is not a common word as a title of a story. However, on the other hand, this point also made a positive effect that it made me very curious about this story. Then I started to read it with my big expectation.
        Since I didn't read the whole book yet, I don't know what will gonna happen after 30 pages, but til now, this is the story of the four boys who went to adventure to find the dead body. Frankly speaking, it was not that extremely exciting and fun, but it was still enjoyable. 
       Now, I will briefly intoroduce the main story of this book. There are four main characters, named Chris, Gordie, Teddy and Vern, all boys. Each of them have specialties in thier private backgrounds. First of all, Chris has an alcoholic father who is very violent so that Chris used to be hit by his father often, but as he is very patient, he understands his father and never being angry about him. Secondly, Gordie's older brother was died. However, since his parent still obsesses a lot to his older brother, he used to be an invisible man although he is the youngest. Of course, he gets a lot of stress from his parent, but he tries to understand his parents as they lost thier precious first son. Thirdly, Teddy has strange habit. He enjoys dodging by running transportations. So when he find the transtportation which is moving quickly, he directly go to that and get closed with it to enjoy dodging with it. However, he never hurted because of this habit. Lastly, Vern is just a normal boy, and he seems little bit chubby.
      One day, Vern heard something very important from the gangsters of that town. Actually, there had happened an event before, that a boy named Ray Brower died but nobody could find his dead body and even don't know the reason why he died. However, they, the gangsters, said his body is in the forest and the reason why he died was because he was hit by the train. Vern told this issue to their friends, so they decided to start a journey to find the body by theirselves. Here, I felt that all four boys had been too tired of their lives so far,that they want to be deviated from thier normal life. Also, in the part that four boys altogether agreed to find the dead body to be spot lighted by other people, I thought they want to be concerned and  be taken care of other people more, especially from thier parent. I felt pitty about this. 
       The first 30 pages was explaining the basic informations about the characters and it started to make the story. That's why it has been little bit "flat" but now, i'm expecting much more shocking, striking,and horrifying events for the left part of the book. 
      
☆ I heard that, there is a movie based on this book too. So I searched about it little, however the title of the film was "Stand by me", not "the body". So I really want to watch the movie too, to find out how the "stand by me" became the title of this film.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기