2011년 10월 3일 월요일

[Chain writing-metafiction: A dream, but not "only" a dream]


             While many people said that fried potato is cheap in McDonald’s I could’t agree, when I was in the college. Do you know that miserable feeling that I cannot buy a pack of fried potato? Whenever I fumbled in my pocket, I could touch only a coin, “a coin” not many. Therefore, I couldn’t open and enter the McDonald, since I was not rich enough to buy even a Happy meal. (JMA)
             Life, if I could call 21 years of struggling, a “life”, it had been miserable for me all the time. I would jealously stare at shiny cars passing by. 
           What changed my life had been an MP3 player that I picked up from a subway station. Somebody must had dropped it as he rushed to get on the subway. I picked the little metal thing up. It was cold and shiny. And I plugged in the earphones in my ears.(RJY)
           The sound shaked every nerve of my body. I could literally ‘feel’ the music with all my heart. This sound, was a thing I have NEVER heard before in my life. As I was listening to this rock music, I strongly felt an impulse that I needed a guitar in my hands right here, right now. So I decided that I have to beg for money to buy a guitar. I knew I had to do this.(PMS)
           The guitar I wanted to buy, wasted more than a few pennies. I needed MONEY more than anything. That is why I started working in the subway. My job was to write and design advertisements of the subway. Usually the motifs of the ads were from the music in the MP3 I found, as it became the energy of my life. The turning point of my life was when I finally got the money I wanted and bought the guitars. The guitar was blue and black with a rather shiny body. Fantastic it looked, I tell you, simply fantastic. The first time I flicked the strings of it, thrill was overloaded in my heart. The satisfaction was greater than anything.(PMJ)
            
            One day, I was drawing an ads with earphones on my ear as a usual. There was an extremely fast, strong and hard rock music. And I got the inspiration from it. I don’t know why this scene had been appeared on my mind, but anyway, it was a face of a crown. So I started to draw a crown on the wall in the subway station. The concept was the crown holding a burger on his hand was dancing.  After finishing it, I had a great satisfaction. So I was watching at my work with big smiles on my mouth. By the way, a man, who is wearing a nice suit stopped in front of my drawing and watching at it for a long time. And then, he asked me
            “Did you draw that by your own?” I answered
            “yes, why?” He said,
            “WOW! That’s such a big piece!”
Can you imagine what happened to me after? To say with an word, it can be “wow.” That man was a CEO of the Mcdonald, and he inspired from my drawing that the character of Mcdonald would be nice if it is a crown as I drawn. So we had a permanent contract. Also as a cost of using my idea, he gave me the job in the Mcdonald, but not a worker, a vice chief. Isn’t it surprising? Also, fortunately, my idea made a big hit. So my honor became bigger and bigger among the Mcdonald.
             One day, I was looking around the Mcdonald stores to evaluate them. However, the employees started to throw the burgers on my face. I was so embarrassed and shocking. But i couldn't say anything since the flying burger covered my mouth. The fumbling sound was the only thing that i can hear.“What happened!!!??”
            
             When I opened my eyes, my body, head, and legs were shaking. I was in the subway and a women, who was seating in front of me, was eating a "Happy meal"  from Mcdonald and it smelled very nice. I fumbled in my pocket and there was a coin. “A coin.”


             Yes. It was a piece of dream. And my life never changed. I’m a student, ah! , a poor student.
I got off the subway with big disappointment. I climbed the stairs. By the way, there was a thing on the road, which was shining so brightly. I rushed to that. It was an MP3!

댓글 4개:

  1. Hi Mina! I'm going to test this out first to see if it works.

    답글삭제
  2. I'm using explorer, but I still can't use my account in blogger to leave a comment. But I can at least see your work and maybe this is working to. Let me know if you can read this comment.

    답글삭제
  3. Yes, I can!!
    I'm sorry for this situation but I don't know what should I do to solve this technical problem.ㅠㅠ

    답글삭제